We're here to help!
Please click on the description below that best fits your error:
- I downloaded and installed Penango, but it's not loading.
- I'm seeing more than one set of Penango buttons and the infobar.
- Penango is sending more than one copy of my e-mail message when I sign and/or encrypt the message.
- Penango is not decrypting encrypted e-mail messages.
- When I try to send a signed or encrypted e-mail, Gmail asks for an SMTP password; I enter in my Gmail password, but Gmail says the password is incorrect.
- If you don't see your question or issue here, please contact us.
If Penango has properly loaded, when you compose an e-mail in your webmail environment, you will see a sign button and a lock button like this:
In addition, when Penango has properly loaded, if have a signed and/or encrypted e-mail in your inbox and you click on it to view it, Penango will (1) display the infobar will appear to tell you who sent the message and who can read the message and (2) decrypt the message if it was encrypted.
If Penango is behaving differently from the above description, please try the following steps:
(If you have just downloaded and installed Penango, and are using Firefox, please make sure you have restarted Firefox. Firefox will need to restart in order for Penango to load.)
(1) First, try logging out of your webmail account, and then logging back in. If Penango still doesn't work, try the next step.
(2) Disable or uninstall all other web browser add-ons or extensions besides Penango. Then log into your webmail account and see if Penango is working properly. If it isn't, try the next step.
(3) Clear your browser's cookies and cache. For Firefox, follow these instructions to remove cookies and also be sure to delete the cache; for Internet Explorer, follow these instructions to remove cookies and also be sure to remove Temporary Internet Files. Then log into your webmail account, and see if Penango is working properly now. If Penango still doesn't work, try the next step.
(5) For Firefox: Completely uninstall your browser, including any user profile information connected with your browser, and then reinstall it. Follow these instructions to uninstall Firefox and remove the user profile information. Then reinstall the web browser, reinstall Penango, and then log into your webmail account, and see if Penango is working.
This problem usually occurs when using 2-step verification in Gmail or Google Apps; if you are using 2-step verification, when Gmail asks for the SMTP password, please enter in the "application-specific password" generated in your Gmail security settings, which you can learn about from this Google instructional video starting at 2:13. If entering in your application-specific password doesn't help, then in your browser, please enable "Accept third-party cookies" or create an exception to allow cookies from penango.com.
If Penango still isn't working properly, please submit a support request and we will assist you.
(For Firefox users: To help us in assisting you, please install the Console² error console in Firefox, and restart your browser; then in your webmail environment go to the part of your workflow just before the error occurs, go to Firefox > Tools > Web Developer > Error Console to load the error console, click on "Clear," then click on "All," and then click on "CSS" and "XML" to disable those two; then proceed with your workflow; then go to the error console and copy the error console output; please include the error console output in your support request.)
(For Internet Explorer users: To help us in assisting you, just before the error occurs in your webmail environment, go to the Start menu, then run the program "dbgview.exe," which is DebugView by Microsoft. Then proceed with your workflow so that the error occurs, then copy the text that appears in DebugView and include it in your support request.)